The Palindrome is one of the strongest and most versatile hand cannons in Destiny 2. Whether you’re looking to deal substantial damage in PVP or take down hordes of enemies in PVE, the Palindrome is a great choice for you. This weapon was originally introduced in the first Destiny, and its return has had hand cannon users excited all year. In this article, we’ll cover how to get the Palindrome, its best god rolls in PVP and PVE, and some of the most common gameplay uses.
Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
How to Get the Palindrome
There’s only one place to get the Palindrome: a Nightfall strike. The Palindrome was introduced during Season of the Chosen as an exclusive weapon drop from Nightfalls. This remains the case even through to this season.
Nightfall loot cycles from week to week, and the Palindrome ends up in the pool about once a month. If you’re going into Nightfall strikes with the main purpose of getting a Palindrome, we recommend playing at the highest difficulty you can manage, since drop rates are higher at greater difficulty levels.
It is possible to get Palindrome drops at lower difficulties, though we only recommend doing this at lower light levels or if you’re playing solo and need to matchmake. Even then, you can always use the LFG to find a quick Fireteam.
Here’s the list of upcoming Nightfalls and their weapon pools for the rest of the season:
- November 30: Exodus Crash (Plug One.1, Uzume SR4)
- December 7: The Corrupted (The Palindrome, The Swarm)
- December 14: Devil’s Lair (The Comedian, Shadow Price)
- December 21: Proving Grounds (Hothead, Hung Jury SR4)
- December 28: Hallowed Lair (Plug One.1, Uzume SR4)
- January 4: Lake of Shadows (The Palindrome, The Swarm)*
- January 11: Exodus Crash (The Comedian, Shadow Price)
- January 18: The Corrupted (Hothead, Hung Jury SR4)
- January 25: Devil’s Lair (Plug One.1, Uzume SR4)
- February 1: Proving Grounds (The Palindrome, The Swarm)
- February 8: Hallowed Lair (The Comedian, Shadow Price)
- February 15: Lake of Shadows (Hothead, Hung Jury SR4)
* Lake of Shadows is one of the easiest strikes in the game, so if you plan on grinding difficult Nightfalls (Master and Grandmaster especially), this is the best week to do so.
How to Get an Adept Palindrome
Adept weapons drop only from Grandmaster Nightfall strikes and Trials of Osiris flawless completions. For an adept Palindrome, you’ll just have to play Grandmaster strikes during weeks when it’s the adept weapon drop. The Perks on the adept version are the same as the normal version, so you thankfully don’t have to worry about that. Do try and get good adept Mods though, because they can be game changers. The best are adept mag, big one spec, and reload.
Palindrome PVE God Roll
There are several options for Palindrome god rolls in PVE. Since Energy weapons see more use than Kinetic, having a good role is important (especially in higher-end content). Since the Palindrome is just a standard weapon, you don’t even need any insane Perks. As long as you’ve got a decent one, you should be good to go.
Any of these Perk combinations will have you ready to shred your way through some mid- to late-game content:
- Fluted Barrel or Hammer-Forged Rifling
- High Caliber Rounds or Ricochet Rounds
- Overflow or Outlaw
- Rampage or High-Impact Reserves
Palindrome PVP God Roll
The Palindrome is a pretty popular hand cannon for PVP this season, but you do have slightly fewer god roll options. Furthermore, Perks are more important for PVP than PVE, so you might want to grind until you get something especially good.
Hand cannon use fluctuates constantly in PVP, so it doesn’t hurt to have one of the following Perks ready to go (even if they’re not currently the meta):
- Smallbore or Fluted Barrel
- High Caliber Rounds or Flared Magwell
- Quickdraw or Killing Wind
Best Uses for the Palindrome
The Palindrome is a hand cannon first and an Energy weapon second, so it’s useful in pretty much all situations where any old hand cannon would do the trick. Since it’s a Void Energy weapon, however, it’s especially good against enemies with Void shields.
Since there isn’t a hand cannon champion Mod this season, the Palindrome probably won’t see much use in endgame content like Grandmaster Nightfall Strikes or Master Raids. It’s still one of the best hand cannons in the game, though, so use it as you see fit.
Join the High Ground
Hopefully after this article you have a good idea of how to get and use the Palindrome! It’s an excellent weapon, so there’s no reason not to get one. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on social.