One of my personal favorite features in GTA 5 is the stock market. It’s a cool in-game system that allows you to invest your hard-earned cash for a chance at making some big money. What’s really cool about it is that it will be influenced by your in-game actions. If you just started a new play-through, you’ll definitely want to know how exactly it all works. In this guide, we’ll be covering exactly what the stock market is in GTA 5, what the best stocks to buy are, and how to make the most money with Lester’s assassination missions.
GTA 5 Stock Market Guide
What are we waiting for? Let’s jump right into this GTA 5 stock market guide!
Stock Market Overview
We’ll start with a basic overview of how the Stock Market works and how you invest. You can access the stock market by going to an in-game computer or pulling out your in-game phone and heading to the internet browser. After you do this, go to the website lcn-exchange.com or BAWSAQ.com. You will be able to swap to either one of the websites by clicking on a tab located above the listed stocks.
Once you’ve gone to the website and found a stock you want to invest in, simply click on the name of the company and choose how much you want to buy. You can also sell your stock from this same page, making it very easy and convenient to make trades. Once you’ve bought a stock, you will need to wait a bit to see if it rises or falls. You can click off the website and come back to it later.
Best Stocks to Buy in GTA 5
If you want to maximize the amount of money you make throughout the campaign, then you’ll want to know which are the best stocks to buy in GTA 5. From my experience, the best time to invest is after completing certain missions. This is because, as previously mentioned, different stocks will rise and fall after you complete specific missions.
I recommend investing everything you possibly can in the stocks mentioned here. I also recommend doing it with all available characters. After you buy as much stock as you can while playing Michael, switch over to Franklin and then Trevor (if available) to buy as much stock as you can with them.
- Invest in Vangelico after completing “The Jewel Store Job.” Sell all of your stocks a few in-game hours after completing “Minor Turbulence.”
- Invest in FlyUS after completing the mission “Legal Trouble.” Wait a day and then sell it all after completing “Meltdown.”
- Invest in Cluckin’ Bell after completing “Paleto Score.” You can cash out once you complete the final level of the game: “The Third Way.”
- Invest in Gruppe Sachs after doing the mission “The Big Score.” Only sell it after completing the mission “The Third Way.”
- Invest in Augury Insurance before you do “The Third Way.” You can then sell all your investment after completing “The Third Way.”
I should note that these recommendations assume you will be choosing Ending C — Deathwish — when you get to the last mission of the game. I also recommend that you never invest in Life Invader, Richards Majestic, or Merryweather. These companies will only go down during the campaign, and it’s difficult to make a profit from them.
Lester Assassinations Overview
Investing in various different companies throughout the campaign after you complete certain story missions is a great way to make some money. However, it’s not the best way. The absolute best strategy to making good money with stocks is by completing Lester assassination missions. These are optional side missions (aside from the first one, which is mandatory) that involve you heading to a location, killing a target, and then watching the stock market change depending on who you killed.
In these missions, we will be killing various high-profile people like CEOs, which is why the stock market will be affected. I don’t recommend doing the missions (aside from the first one) until you have finished the single-player campaign. By the end of the game, you will have a significantly high amount of money to spend, allowing you to make even more money. Just like with the previous section of this guide, I recommend going all in when investing and buying all the stock you can. I also recommend doing it with all three characters instead of just one.
Best Stocks to Buy for Lester Assassinations
Now, let’s get into the good stuff: buying into the right stocks before and after doing the Lester Assassination Missions. The best stocks to buy in GTA 5 for the Lester missions are as follows:
- Invest in BettaPharmaceuticals before completing “The Hotel Assassination.” Once the mission is over, wait for a little bit and then sell. Then invest in Bilkinton Research and wait three in-game days for the stock to return to normal before selling.
- Invest in Debonaire before completing “The Multi-Target Assassination.” After completing the mission, wait for about two in-game days before selling. Now, re-invest all of your cash into the company Redwood Cigarettes. Sell all your stocks after waiting three in-game days.
- Invest in Fruit before completing “The Vice Assassination.” Sell all of your stocks once a few hours has passed after completing the mission. Next, you’ll want to buy into the company Facade. Wait at least two in-game days before selling.
- Invest in Vapid after you complete “The Bus Assassination.” I recommend waiting at least an hour or two after you complete the mission to wait for it to get even lower. Then you can sell it after waiting for two days.
- Invest in Gold Coast before doing “The Construction Assassination.” Give it a few hours before selling the stocks to get the most from your profits.
By the time you are done doing all of this, you should have massive amounts of money. If you invested as all three characters, then you should be set for life. You’ll be able to buy any and every property in the game, as well as all the cars, weapons, and clothes your heart desires!
Join the High Ground!
We hope that you found this guide for the stock market and all the best stocks to buy in in GTA 5 helpful! Did we answer all of your questions, or do you still have more for us? Leave us a comment down below, and make sure to subscribe to our weekly newsletter for more regular guides and features on GTA V and GTA Online.