Another season, another batch of new content in Apex Legends. And with this new content, we’ve received the long-awaited Nemesis, a brand-new energy assault rifle. This weapon is unique and interesting in several ways, but is it strong enough to be worth using in the new season of Apex Legends? And most importantly, does it have any good cosmetics? We are going to be answering all of these questions and more in this Apex Legends Nemesis Weapon Guide.
Let’s get started!
The Nemesis is a brand-new assault rifle that uses energy ammo. Unlike the Havoc, it does not need to be charged up before firing — it will immediately start dishing out damage the second you pull the trigger. Also unlike the Havoc, it is not fully automatic. Instead, the Nemesis is a burst AR similar to the Hemlok assault rifle. This makes it a great weapon for medium-range fights.
Interestingly, the Nemesis features an overheating mechanic. It works much differently than you’d expect, though. When a player fires the weapon, it will begin to heat up. Its rate of fire will increase alongside its heat level, meaning that you can fire it much faster if it is overheated! This unique mechanic encourages players to be aggressive with it, using it often to keep its heat meter up high.
The weapon has a very good DPS even when it’s not overheating. From my own tests, the gun is able to effectively kill targets with minimal recoil from a short to medium distance. Its damage output is high and reliable. During one game, I was able to effectively kill a whole squad using just the Nemesis, and I tore through their shields like butter! This is definitely one of the best weapons of the season, and I recommend using it now in case it gets nerfed in the future.
Nemesis Tips & Tricks
To help you use the Nemesis effectively, we’ve compiled some helpful tips and tricks for you to get the most out of this new weapon. Here are three tips that we’ve found particularly helpful:
- Fire it often. The weapon does cool down when you stop firing it, but it does so pretty slowly. I recommend using it as often as you can to keep it nice and hot so that its fire rate stays high.
- Pair it with a long-range weapon. While the Nemesis is good at medium ranges, I don’t find it that effective at longer distances, as it lacks the single-fire option that the Hemlok has. I advise keeping a sniper rifle or marksman rifle with you when carrying this gun.
- Use rare-level sights. Due to its previously mentioned peak performance at medium distances, you should use a sight that is best for medium distances. The blue-colored/rare-level sights work best for this gun from my experience with it.
Now let’s finish off this guide by discussing the different cosmetic skins that are available for this weapon. Like all weapons, there are four legendary skins available from the get-go that can be crafted from its cosmetics menu, as well as plenty of lower-tiered skins. The legendary skins that are available are as follows:
- Superconductor: This is an orange and gray skin that gives it a very sci-fi, industrial look. It reminds me of a Gauss Rifle.
- Twisted Transistor: A red and green skin with the same sci-fi industrial model as the previously mentioned skin.
- Street Legal: Yellow and orange skin with a smoother model. It reminds me of those NASCAR race cars with brands pasted onto their cars.
- Streamlined: This skin is black and red and shares the same model as Street Legal. This one isn’t as flashy or colorful as the previous skin, which is either a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your tastes.
Join the High Ground!
We hope that you found this guide for the Nemesis weapon in Apex Legends helpful! What are your thoughts on this brand-new weapon? Do you enjoy using it? Be sure to let us know down in the comments, and please subscribe to our weekly newsletter for more regular content on Apex Legends.