The flirtatious, lazy librarian of Monstadt is one of your first companions and loves nothing more than to tease your Traveler. Incidentally, that’s why Lisa’s story quest involves taking you on a date under the guise of doing library work. Naturally, she’s curious to see what you think would make for an ideal date and is hoping that you’ll be able to impress her.
Today, we’ll be going over the best choices to make in “Troublesome Work,” how to unlock all available dialogue options, and what the best gifts for Lisa are. Let’s get started!
How To Start Lisa’s Story Quest
Once you complete the first act of the prologue (“The Outlander Who Caught the Wind”) and hit Adventure Rank 15, you’ll gain access to Lisa’s personal quest.
Simply head to the library in the Knights of Favonius headquarters and talk to Lisa, who’s cataloguing the library’s collection. She’ll rope you along into coming with her to collect some overdue library books in exchange for a copy for the Teyvat’s Travel Guide.
With this being Lisa, of course, the little outing turns into an impromptu date.
The Best Gifts for Lisa
Below, we’ll cover the top souvenirs, meals, and flowers for Lisa. There are two important things to note before we dive in:
- Regardless of what choices you make during the quest, it will not affect your quest reward. The choices only determine character dialogue and how you want to remember the date.
- For those who want the absolute best choice for every part, you’ll either have to own Jean or wait for Jean’s birthday to roll around to access the option for Lisa’s favorite meal. If this is the case for you, we strongly recommend holding off on starting this quest. Otherwise, you might not be able to complete other Monstadt-related quests without finishing this one first.
Best Souvenir for Lisa
The first book you set out to reclaim is from Marjorie, the owner of the Souvenir Shop that trades items for Anemo Sigils. But before handling official library business, why not get a little gift to remember the day by?
At this point, you’ll be introduced to the first of three decisions in the quest on what to get for Lisa. You should notice immediately that some of the options are unavailable and marked with “???”. In order to unlock those dialogue options, you’ll either have to go through the available ones first or talk to a nearby NPC for some advice.
Don’t worry — selecting an option won’t lock you into that choice. You’ll be able to hear Lisa’s thoughts on the choice before Paimon asks if you’re sure. Simply back out and choose the other options to see the rest of her reactions/unlock more.
Remember, Lisa is an academic librarian who enjoys taking things easy. While you might be able to pick the best option immediately, you may want to go through each option to hear Lisa’s voiced lines.
In this case, you have four choices. We’ve ranked the souvenirs from best to worst:
- Ragged Old Scroll: Available right off the bat, this is easily the best gift for Lisa. She’s a librarian known for being the top graduate from the Sumeru Academy. Ancient historical knowledge goes hand in hand with her, and she is incredibly happy if you pick it for her.
- Rusty Sword: This is arguably the next best souvenir for Lisa, as she’s Razor’s teacher in regards to wielding his vision and integrating into human society. While she won’t be thrilled, it’s at least not an awkward gift.
- Bloomers: If you consider this gift, Lisa will question if you have uh… highly questionable tastes. Frankly, we don’t blame her. She resigns herself to using them as an extra pair of pajamas.
- Voodoo Doll: By far the he worst souvenir for Lisa. Gifting a voodoo doll to someone is effectively cursing them. Lisa will chalk it up to blissful ignorance if you actually choose this for her, but she’s clearly not happy about it.
Regardless of your choice, you’ll successfully retrieve the book from Marjorie and head onto the next person — Sara, at the restaurant Good Hunter.
Best Meal for Lisa
Meals are much more enjoyable without the pressure of work looming over your head, hence why Lisa suggests eating before asking Sara about her book.
Talk to Sara first in order to learn about Lisa’s preferences and unlock additional choices. She’ll recommend something vegetarian, as Lisa is watching her figure.
Typically, you would have access to four options here, but as we mentioned at the start, there’s a secret fifth option for Lisa’s absolute favorite meal. We’ll go over the standard options first.
- Radish Veggie Soup: The best meal for Lisa out of the standard options. Making soup reminds Lisa of brewing potions. As someone who’s known as the Witch of Purple Rose, this is right up her alley. She’ll note it as a fantastic choice, and it’ll fill her up with energy afterwards.
- Steak: The next best choice for a meal. It’s delicious and to Lisa’s tastes, but she unfortunately can’t have too much without ruining her physique.
- Satisfying Salad: Despite it being a vegetarian option, Lisa finds salad to be rather bland. She’ll note that while the meal itself is fresh and not terrible, it leaves a lacking feeling. We have to agree.
- Northern Smoked Chicken: The flavor is a bit too much, making it the worst meal for Lisa. She’ll also be slightly concerned about your tastes if you choose this one.
The secret best dish for Lisa is the Invigorating Pizza. It’s not a standard option on the menu, as it’s actually Jean’s personal signature dish. You’ll have to obtain the food item yourself in order to give it to Lisa during her personal quest. There are two ways to do this and unlock the quest dialogue option.
- Option 1: Wait until Jean’s birthday on March 14, where you’ll receive a birthday mail from her containing one Invigorating Pizza. You do not need to own Jean to receive the mail.
- Option 2: Own Jean as a playable character. Head into Stormterror’s Lair (requires Adventure Rank 18 and completing the main quest “Hurdle”) and loot the treasure chest containing the Mushroom Pizza recipe. Cook Mushroom Pizzas with Jean as the chef until you obtain a copy of Invigorating Pizza.
Lisa will be very pleased that you know this dish and will praise you for outdoing yourself (the dialogue implies that you cook the meal yourself). If you’re looking to give Lisa the best date ever, you’ll probably want to do this step.
After eating, Lisa will speak with Sara about her overdue book and will be satisfied with Sara’s promise to return it as soon as she’s done with her shift at Good Hunter.
The last person you visit on your outing is Donna, who’s working as an assistant flower girl.
Best Flower for Lisa
To the surprise of no one, Donna assumes that you and Lisa are out on a date and offers to wrap some flowers. Lisa, of course, accepts the gesture and asks you to choose some for her.
There are a few steps to unlocking all the dialogue options. First, discuss the Dandelion option with Donna. Once you do this, you’ll be able to ask her opinion on which flowers to get for Lisa. This will open up the Rose option. To unlock the Cecelia option, you’ll have to exit the conversation and speak to the nearby shopkeeper, Flora, to get her input.
- Rose: This is unsurprisingly the best flower for Lisa, given her title and all. Since she never expected to see fresh roses again (at least in Mondstadt), they hold a significant meaning for her.
- Cecilia: Another contender as the best flower for Lisa due to its rarity. She’ll be very pleased, though she does admit it would be even more special had you picked it with your own hands.
- Dandelions: Lisa is amusingly surprised to see these being sold. Their scent reminds her of her best friend Jean, so Lisa is rather happy with them.
- Mist Flower: Definitely the worst flower for Lisa. What happens when you cross Electro and Cryo? You get Superconduct — as in, an explosion of elemental energy. This is the equivalent of giving her a bomb. Lisa will actually threaten you with a lesson on elemental reactions if you give this to her.
Join the High Ground
That’s all for our guide on the best gifts for Lisa — thanks for reading! We hope it helps you have the best (or worst) date with our favorite librarian. If you have any thoughts or comments you want to share, please subscribe and leave them down below.
As always, see you in the next article, Travelers!