First Aid is one of the three secondary professions in WoW: WotLK Classic. It is a simple crafting profession that allows you to create bandages from cloth. Bandages can be extremely useful, especially if you don’t have any other way of healing. But even for dedicated healers, there is no downside to picking up the profession.
We’ll walk you through how to level your First Aid all the way from 1 to 450, which is the current maximum skill in WoW Classic!
All Materials Needed to Level First Aid in WotLK
In case you want to gather all the materials before you start leveling, here is a complete list of the what you will need to level First Aid all the way to 450. We’ll go over where you can farm these materials in later sections, in case you don’t want to spend a lot of money at the auction house.
- Linen Cloth x170
- Wool Cloth x180
- Silk Cloth x150
- Mageweave Cloth x120
- Runecloth x80
- Netherweave Cloth x90
- Frostweave Cloth x280*
*If your goal is only to level to 400, you only need 80 Frostweave Cloth to get there. At level 400 you will be able to craft the best bandages possible.
Classic First Aid (1-300)
You may recall that in vanilla and Burning Crusade, some First Aid skills had to be learned from books, but as of Wrath of the Lich King, that is no longer the case. You can now learn all of those skills directly from First Aid trainers.
To get started, you must learn the First Aid profession from one of the trainers in the vanilla zones. These trainers can teach every skill from 1 to 300. Below is a complete list along with their map coordinates.
|Michelle Belle||Elwynn Forest|
|Thamner Pol||Dun Morogh|
|Doctor Gustaf VanHowzen||Dustwallow Marsh|
|Pand Stonebinder||Thunder Bluff|
|Nurse Neela||Tirisfal Glades|
|Doctor Gregory Victor||Arathi Highlands|
Linen Cloth (1-80)
Linen Cloth is usually pretty cheap on the auction house, but if you want to farm it, you will need to kill humanoid enemies between level 5 and 20. The best zones for this are Westfall, The Barrens, Loch Modan, and Silverpine Forest.
When you have your Linen Cloth, here is what you will do:
- Craft 50 Linen Bandage (level 1-40)
- Learn Heavy Linen Bandage from a trainer
- Craft 45 Heavy Linen Bandages (level 40-75)
- Learn Journeyman First Aid from a trainer
- Craft 15 Heavy Linen Bandages (level 75-80)
Wool Cloth (80-150)
To farm Wool Cloth, you will need to kill humanoid enemies between level 16 and 30. The best zones for this are Ashenvale, Stonetalon Mountains, Redridge Mountains, and Hillsbrad Foothills.
When you have your Wool Cloth, here is what you will do:
- Learn Wool Bandage from a trainer
- Craft 60 Wool Bandages (level 80-115)
- Learn Heavy Wool Bandage from a trainer
- Craft 60 Heavy Wool Bandages (level 115-150)
Silk Cloth (150-210)
To farm Silk Cloth, you will need to kill humanoid enemies between level 28 and 40. The best zones for this are Thousand Needles and Alterac Mountains. The Library and Armory wings of the Scarlet Monastery dungeon are also an excellent choice.
When you have your Silk Cloth, here is what you will do:
- Learn Expert First Aid from a trainer
- Learn Silk Bandage from a trainer
- Craft 50 Silk Bandages (level 150-180)
- Learn Heavy Silk Bandage from a trainer
- Craft 50 Heavy Silk Bandages (level 180-210)
Mageweave Cloth (210-260)
To farm Mageweave Cloth, you will need to kill humanoid enemies between level 38 and 50. The best zones for this are Feralas and Tanaris. If you prefer dungeons, Zul’Farrak can provide plenty of drops.
When you have your Mageweave Cloth, here is what you will do:
- Learn Artisan First Aid from a trainer
- Learn Mageweave Bandage from a trainer
- Craft 60 Mageweave Bandages (level 210-240)
- Learn Heavy Mageweave Bandage from a trainer
- Craft 30 Heavy Mageweave Bandages (level 240-260)
To farm Runecloth, you will need to kill humanoid enemies between level 50 and 60. The best zones for this are Felwood and Western and Eastern Plaguelands. Scholomance and Stratholme are good choices for dungeon farming.
When you have your Runecloth, here is what you will do:
- Learn Runecloth Bandage from a trainer
- Craft 50 Runecloth Bandages (level 260-290)
- Learn Heavy Runecloth Bandage from a trainer
- Craft 15 Heavy Runecloth Bandages (level 290-300)
Outland First Aid (300-375)
Once you reach level 300, you won’t be able to learn anything more from Classic First Aid trainers. You will have to visit your faction’s First Aid Trainer in Outland (TBC) to continue. There is only one Outland trainer per faction.
To farm Netherweave Cloth, you will need to kill humanoid enemies in Outland. The best zones for this are Shadowmoon Valley and Netherstorm. Mana Tombs and The Blood Furnace are the best options for dungeons.
When you have your Netherweave Cloth, here is what you will do:
- Learn Master First Aid from a trainer
- Learn Netherweave Bandage from a trainer
- Craft 50 Netherweave Bandages (level 300-340)
- Learn Heavy Netherweave Bandage from a trainer
- Craft 20 Heavy Netherweave Bandages (level 340-360)
Northrend First Aid (375-450)
At level 375, you won’t be able to learn anything else from Outland First Aid trainers. It’s time to move on to Northrend (WotLK), where there are two First Aid trainers per faction.
|Brynna Wilson||Borean Tundra|
|Anchorite Yazmina||Howling Fjord|
|Nurse Applewood||Borean Tundra|
|Sally Tompkins||Howling Fjord|
To farm Frostweave Cloth, you will need to kill humanoid enemies in Northrend. The best zone for this is Icecrown. While you can get Frostweave Cloth from dungeons, you will need a full group for most Northrend dungeons, which makes them difficult to farm.
When you have your Frostweave Cloth, here is what you will do:
- Learn Grand Master First Aid from a trainer
- Learn Frostweave Bandage from a trainer
- Craft 80 Frostweave Bandages (level 350-400)
- Acquire a Manual: Heavy Frostweave Bandage*
- (Optional) Craft 90 Heavy Frostweave Bandages (level 400-450)
*Manual: Heavy Frostweave Bandage has a chance to drop from humanoids and undead in the high level Northrend zones: Icecrown, Storm Peaks, Zul’Drak, and level 80 dungeons. You must have at least 390 skill in First Aid for it to drop. It is a bind on pickup item, so it cannot be traded or bought on the auction house.
Congratulations on fully leveling First Aid in WoW: WotLK Classic! Now you can bandage up and get back in the fight much faster.
Join the High Ground!
Thanks for reading! We hope we’ve helped you level your first aid in WotLK Classic. If you have any questions, leave a comment below, and be sure to subscribe to High Ground for more useful guides!