The best headset for Fortnite lets you hear activity from afar, triangulate enemy positions, and set yourself up for victory. Combined with optimized audio settings, the right headset offers a major advantage in knocking out the competition.
However — your opponents are also equipped to win. That’s why you’ve got to be one step ahead of them! In this article we’ll take a look at the best headsets for PC, console, and professional play. Are you ready to game with the pros? Let’s get started.
5 Best Headsets for Fortnite of 2019
We’ve curated a list of the top 5 best headsets for Fortite. Each one offers a distinct advantage and is optimized for a particular style of play. Check out the lists of features and in-depth summaries, and click the links for pricing and detailed specifications.
Best Headset For Fortnite PC
- Pro G drivers and and noise-canceling technology give you crystal clear audio
- Comfy leather earpads create an immersive environment
- Condenser microphone offers a wide frequency response and low signal to noise ratio
- Perfect for PC, but also optimized for Xbox, PS4, and Switch platforms
Weapon of Choice For: Myth, Daequan, Hamlinz
Utilized by the top players in the world, the Logitech G Pro Gaming Headset gets you in the game fast. Sporting top-of-the-line Pro G drivers by Logitech, expect crisp audio that brings you right into the game. Combine that with surround sound technology for a top quality gaming experience that picks up the slightest footstep or gunfire off in the distance.
As for comfort? The ergonomics cannot be beat thanks to leatherette earpads (or optional microsuede pads) that keep you locked and loaded for hours with no fatigue. This headset is designed for gamers, so you can expect lasting durability and craftsmanship for years of use.
Plus, the Pro G comes with a built-in microphone for duos and squad mode, keeping you and your partners at the top of your game. Overall, you get an unrivalled experience for competitive gaming on the PC.
Best Headset For Fortnite Xbox
- Wireless connectivity is perfect for flexible gaming and a cord-free experience
- Powerful 50mm speakers keep your immersed and in the zone
- The adjustable mic offers independent volume control and clear audio delivery
- 15 hours of battery life promises all-day gameplay
The Turtle Beach Stealth 600 is crafted exclusively for the Xbox One. Featuring wireless connectivity, this powerful headset offers incredible flexibility for gaming when and where you want.
With Sonic Surround Sound technology, you can expect an immersive experience that gives you full control over your surroundings. Large 50mm speakers don each earpad for stunning sounds and crisp audio, and footsteps, gunfire, and building sounds are loud and clear.
The ergonomic fit remains comfortable for hours, while 15 hours of battery life means you can play to your heart’s content. As for the mic? The adjustable design boasts clear audio delivery, making this the perfect headset for tournaments and team play. A fantastic offering by Turtle Beach and the best headset for Fortnite Xbox on the market.
Best Headset For Fortnite PS4
- Aluminum headband wrapped with polycarbonate shell provides incredible durability
- Memory foam ear cushions offer unrivalled comfort
- Powerful sound drivers and an omnidirectional mic deliver perfect audio
- Compatible with PS4 and all major consoles
Astro does it again with the A10 headset for gaming. With incredible customer ratings and a bargain price, this is the best headset for Fortnite PS4. Expect crisp audio and an immersive experience thanks to powerful speakers, a fantastic mic, and in-line volume control.
Plus, the comfort on the Astro A10 headset is in a class of its own. With memory foam earpads, you can wear it for daylong gaming sessions with no fatigue or discomfort. The materials are professional grade, utilizing an aluminum core and polycarbonate shell so you never have to worry about a replacement.
A fantastic value that will give you an edge over your opponents, the Astro A10 headset is great for competitive gaming on the Playstation 4.
Best Headset For Fortnite Switch
- Highly affordable and ideal for playing Fortnite on the Nintendo Switch
- Adjustable mic picks up and delivers audio loud and clear
- Lightweight construction is comfortable and optimized for extended play
- 40mm speakers provide crisp audio while in-line control gives you full say over volume levels
The colorful Turtle Beach Recon 50 Headset is the only choice for playing Fortnite on the Nintendo Switch. With a number of top notch features, this headset offers it all at a fraction of the price of comparable models.
In addition, the stylish and lightweight design features the perfect balance of aesthetics and comfortability. Play for hours or days with no fatigue or resistance, all while enjoying the powerful 50mm speakers that don each leatherette ear cup.
As for the mic? Expect crystal clear audio thanks to the adjustable design that operates on an ideal frequency for gaming. Plus, in-line controls deliver an additional level of customized gameplay, creating the perfect environment for adaptable gaming. Your enemies won’t know what hit them as you reign down terror for Victory Royale every time.
Best All-around Headset For Fortnite
- Perfect for competitive play on all major systems
- Studio-grade sound captures the slightest movement and noises
- Soft and roomy earpads offer comfort and spacious sound quality
- Robust construction and 3m braided coil provide durability and ease of use
Weapon of Choice For: Ninja, Nick Eh 30
As the weapon of choice for Ninja himself, you can expect top quality construction and competitive action with the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro. Originally optimized for the recording studio, these pick up the slightest footsteps and faraway gunfire with ease. Built in Germany, you can be sure that the highest craftsmanship has been put into each and every pair.
As for the ergonomics? These can’t be beat. Each ear cup features a soft (and replaceable) pad that hugs your head while providing depth and ambience in-game. You’ll feel like it’s literally you taking down the enemies thanks to the impressive sound effects that thunder with every snipe.
And that’s not to mention the style. The Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro sports a futuristic vibe with a two-toned color scheme and a vent-like motif on each side. You’ll be rocking out hard, all while tearing apart the map and taking out your opponents with ease. The best all-around headset for Fortnite.
Best Audio Settings for Fortnite
So you’ve got your headset picked out, and you’re ready to jump into action. Except… the best audio settings for Fortnite are a must if you want to keep up with the pros.
To that end, we’ve designed a quick guide for optimizing your settings for a pitch-perfect Victory Royale. The following settings are geared toward competitive play, but remember that it’s up to you to fine-tune your controls. Each play style and headset is different, so test things out and see what works.
Let’s take a look at the best audio settings for Fortnite:
- Music Volume: 0.00. Music is a distraction, so turn it off.
- Sound FX Volume: 0.65. Registers footsteps, chests, building. This should be way up.
- Voice Chat Volume: 0.75. You need to hear your teammates clearly, so adjust the volume accordingly.
- Cinematics Volume: 0.50. Perfect for immHeadersive cutscenes.
- Subtitles: ON. Great for PvE.
- Quality: HIGH. Assuming your headset can handle the strain (all the options on our list can), this needs to be on high.
- Voice Chat: ON. Keep in communication with your team.
- Push to Talk: OFF. It’s unnecessary and just one more thing to think about.
- Allow Background Audio: ON. Useful for multi-tasking on the same monitor.
These settings will keep you ready to battle with the pros! For more detailed Fortnite settings support, check out our comprehensive article for competitive play.
Winning with the Best Headset for Fortnite
Once you’ve got your headset picked out and your audio settings optimized, it’s time to put your new gear to work. It takes a lot of practice to get in the groove with a new piece of equipment, so consider trying things out over the course of a day or two. For best results, playgrounds mode is a solid testing ground.
In addition, many of the headsets on our list have a number of options like in-line controls and adjustable sound drivers. Get familiar with your device itself, and check out the manufacturer sites for extras like sound applications and other perks.
Whether you’re sniping from treetops, blasting enemies with your shotgun, or rocket launching to victory, you’ll be on top of the world in no time.
The right sound equipment is just one way to gain the advantage in Fortnite.
Want to maximize your competitiveness? Check out our other articles for upping your game: