The job system is one of the most important aspects of Octopath Traveler 2. Creating a party that synergizes well with one another is the key to success. Part of this synergy depends on which jobs you give to which party members. While the game primarily revolves around the eight classes associated with each party member, there are a handful of secret jobs for players to unlock. These jobs are hard to find if you’re not looking for them, but they are well worth the effort to acquire. That’s why today, we’re walking you through all Octopath Traveler 2 secret jobs and how to unlock them.
Let’s get started!
The Inventor job is likely the first secret job you will be able to obtain in Octopath Traveler 2. It is a versatile class and can be a great secondary job for most characters. However, it can take a bit of work to unlock all of its skills.
How to Unlock the Inventor
To unlock the Inventor job, you will first need to travel to New Delsta in the Brightlands region. From there, head to the right to the Eastern New Delsta Highroad. In this area, make for the upper-right part of the map, where you’ll notice a lone cabin sitting along the river. Enter this building and talk to the Inventor Arkar to receive the Inventor job.
The caveat with this job is that new skills can only be unlocked by bringing Arkar the necessary materials he needs to build new inventions. Some of these materials are easier to find than others, so it may take some time to unlock all the skills for the Inventor job. However, even the skills the job starts with can be quite useful, making this job a must-get.
The Inventor uses swords and axes as their primary weapons. The best part of the Inventor job is that its skills don’t require any SP to use. However, after a skill is used, the invention must be rebuilt before it can be used again.
- Changeable Catapult: Allows the user to attack all foes with the equipped weapon.
- Springy Boots: Allows an ally to act earlier the next turn.
- Critical Scope: Turns all damage dealt to a single foe into critical damage for four turns.
- Elemental Bomb Bottle: Deals damage to an enemy’s exposed elemental weakness.
- Tin Horn: Fills the Latent Power gauge of all allies.
- Hastening Hammer: Deals a powerful physical attack on one foe and reduces the rebuilding time for an invention by 1 turn.
- Arkar’s Coil: Restores 40% of an allies HP/SP and grants them 1 BP, revives incapacitated allies.
The Support Skills for the Inventor provide a range of useful benefits to the equipped character.
- A Step Ahead: Allows the character to act first in battle.
- Upgraded Accessories: Raises the attributes of the equipped character’s accessories.
- BP in Adversity: Gives the equipped character 2 BP when near death.
- Fruits of Labor: Raises the character’s physical and elemental defenses by 1 for each job skill they’ve learned.
The Armsmaster job allows characters to use every type of weapon. However, the skills that are available to use are entirely dependent on which weapon type they have equipped.
How to Unlock the Armsmaster
To unlock the Armsmaster job, you will need to travel to the town of Gravell in the Wildlands at the northernmost tip of the western continent. Once there, search for the blacksmith and find the man blocking her door. You will have to defeat this man using a Path Action like Throné’s Ambush, Hikari’s Challenge, or Ochette’s Provoke. With this man out of the way, you can proceed inside and talk to the blacksmith Porta to receive the Armsmaster job.
The trick to unlocking new skills for the Armsmaster is bringing Porta the Rusty Weapons that can be found in various locations around the map. Doing so will allow her to forge them into Divine Weapons that, when equipped, unlock the use of the weapon type’s associated skill.
The Armsmaster is the perfect secondary job for maximizing a character’s physical offensive potential.
- Bulwark: Allows you to deliver a powerful strike that increases in power the higher the user’s defense and immediately switch to a defensive position the next turn.
- Conqueror’s Sword: Celestial Roar: Allows the user to charge their attack for the turn and then unleash its power at the end of it.
- Warlord’s Spear: Giant Swing: Hits all foes and does more damage the more enemies it hits.
- Dancer’s Blade: Mischievous Step: Performs multiple dagger attacks on random foes that increases in number the more foes there are.
- Lionheart’s Axe: On the Hunt: Unleashes two axe attacks on a foe with increased damage the more weakness that have been revealed.
- Hunter’s Bow: Flurry of Arrows: Hits all foes with arrows but will trigger again if the attack breaks an enemy.
- Spiritlord’s Staff: Deliverance: Uses a staff attack on a single foe, but scales damage with the user’s elemental attack.
The support skills for the Armsmaster are designed to help the user deal as much damage as possible.
- Master of Offense: Makes it easier to land critical hits on broken foes.
- Peak Performance: Raises a character’s damage output when at or above max HP.
- Invigorating Break: Restores the equipped character’s HP when breaking an enemy.
- Arms Refinement: Fills the character’s latent power gauge when hitting an enemy’s weakness.
The Conjurer job in Octopath Traveler 2 is the ultimate support job. It can help provide allies with a variety of powerful buffs, as well as enchant their weapons with elemental damage.
How to Unlock the Conjurer
Although unlocking individual skills for the Conjurer job isn’t as complicated as the others, obtaining the job itself can be a bit of a challenge. To unlock the Conjurer job, you will need to have completed Hikari’s storyline. With that finished, head to Ku and battle your way through the Five-Tiered Tower. In this tower, you will have to face five bosses with a save point in between each one. After defeating the last of these bosses, you will be granted the Conjurer job.
This job doesn’t offer much on the offensive side of things, but makes the ideal secondary job for support characters like Temenos and Castti.
- Rite of the Sun: Revives all fallen allies to full HP and gives them defense boost for 2 turns, but leaves the user unable to act for a few turns.
- Dance of Immunity: Grants immunity to debuff to an ally for a number of turns.
- Conjure Flames/Ice/Lighting/Gusts: Adds an element-based attack to the weapons of all allies for 2 turns.
- Prayer for Rain: Restores SP to allies after they act for a series of turns.
The support skills of the Conjurer are designed to aid their role as a support party member.
- Purification: Makes debuffs on the equipped character dissipate faster.
- SP Saver: Halves the SP required for the equipped character’s skills.
- Divine Wrath: Deals severe damage and debuffs to the enemy who incapacitates the equipped character.
- BP Regeneration: Gives the equipped character a 25% chance to recover the BP they just spent.
Last but not least on our list of all secret jobs in Octopath Traveler 2 is the Arcanist. The Arcanist is a master of Light and Dark magic. It also can extend other abilities to affect all allies, making it good for offense as well as support.
How to Unlock the Arcanist
The first requirement for obtaining the Arcanist job is to purchase the ship, the Grand Terry, using Paritio’s Scent of Commerce from the shipbuilder in Tropu’hopu. The ship costs a hefty 100,000 leaves, but is well worth the price, since it grants you access to travel by sea. With the ship purchased, sail to the whirlpool between the eastern continent and Toto’haha. Here, you will have to battle the Scourge of the Sea. After defeating it, you will have access to the eastern portion of the Sundering Sea. Sail northeast to reach The Lost Isle. From here, all you need to do is climb the ladder and follow the sign to reach the Arcanist Descendant, who will give you the Arcanist job.
The Arcanist is proficient in both damaging and healing.
- Seal of Inversion: Changes debuffs on a character into buffs.
- Seal of Immortality: Leaves a character with 1 HP when taking an otherwise fatal hit.
- Reflective Barrier: Reflects magic attacks targeting an ally.
- Hex: Extends the effects of debuffs on enemies.
- Malice/Resentment/Malevolence: Deals Dark damage to foes while proportionally healing allies.
- Blessing/Benediction/Spiritual Grace: Does the same as the previous skill, but with Light damage.
- Seal of Diffusion: Extends the reach of skills that only target the user to all allies.
The Support Skills for the Arcanist help in damage augmentation and SP management.
- SP Recovery: Restores SP based on 1% of damage taken.
- Lasting Memory: Maintains a character’s status effects even when incapacitated.
- Price of Power: Increases the power of spells, but doubles their SP cost.
- Of Equal Might: Equalizes the physical and elemental attack of the equipped character to whichever is higher.
Join the High Ground!
Hopefully this guide to all the secret jobs in Octopath Traveler 2 helps you find and build the best character setups possible. Let us know which secret job is your favorite in the comments down below. Also, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date with our Octopath Traveler 2 guides.