Say goodbye to screen tear and lag! FreeSync monitors will get you in the game quickly and help you reach the top in no time. If you’re looking for an affordable monitor with awesome performance, a FreeSync monitor is the only choice. The best FreeSync monitor will offer incredible value at an affordable price point, and can give you a true competitive edge over your opponents.
Let’s check out what’s possible and explore your options for the best FreeSync monitors of 2019.
Freesync Monitor Guide Part 1: What are Freesync Monitors?
Have you ever been in the midst of battle when all of a sudden the game starts to stutter? At first it only happens here and there. But as the boss nears and the game draws more resources from your GPU, it gets worse and worse.
Then, a dozen frames load onto the screen all at the same time as the game is ripped apart! You look on in complete helplessness as your character is immobilized. You resign to your fate and all is lost…
But it doesn’t have to be that way!
Enter FreeSync Monitors
Freesync monitors are computer displays that utilize AMD’s FreeSync technology. These monitors are custom built to work for applications that require smooth and consistent frame rates. In other words, FreeSync monitors are perfect for gamers who need a solid gaming experience without lag or screen tear.
But how do Freesync monitors work?
FreeSync monitors work by adjusting the variable refresh rate of the monitor. What this does is eliminate screen tear and stuttering by dynamically syncing the monitor with the computer’s frame output. When the frame-rate of the computer and monitor are aligned, the result is a crystal clear display that delivers perfect quality output.
No more screen tear. No more stutter or lag. When you go into the next raid you’ll find that your monitor performs flawlessly. You’re the star of the group as you take down the boss with ease.
Freesync Monitor Guide Part 2: Choosing the Right Fit
If you’re a heavy gamer who plays modern titles on an AMD computer, a FreeSync monitor is a must have. It can save you in those crucial moments when all else seems lost. Plus, the best FreeSync monitors make a stylish addition to your gaming setup.
Here are a few things you’ll want to consider when choosing a FreeSync monitor:
There is a huge range of performance options to consider when picking a gaming monitor for your setup. Be sure to check out response times, visibility settings, and light options.
Depending on your budget and available space, try to pick a monitor that’s big enough for immersive gaming without taking up your whole desk.
Look for the sweet spot that gives you high resolution without breaking the bank. If possible, try to stick to stick with at least 1080p resolution monitors for the best performance.
Since FreeSync tech will help smooth out most screen tear, maximizing your refresh rate is very important. If you can afford it, aim for 144hz, and no lower than 60hz.
Modern monitors come equipped with a variety of features and extra perks. From connectivity options, to ergonomics and bonus software, fully consider what will give your gaming that extra edge.
Making Your Choice
If you’re looking for a great fit for your AMD gaming station, a freesync monitor is definitely a great choice. You’ll get solid performance through your gaming sessions.
That said, finding the best FreeSync monitor for your gaming setup is not an easy task. There are so many brands and variations to choose from, and you’ll want to thoroughly inspect performance options. To make things a little easier, we’ve curated a list of the top 10 best Freesync monitors to help you get started as quickly as possible.
Top 10: Best FreeSync Monitors 2019
- The XG2402 by ViewSonic offers immersive HD resolution with a 1ms response time on a healthy 24 inch display.
- Boasting a top notch 144hz refresh rate, the XG2402 offers superior frame by frame performance for today’s top titles.
- ViewSonic includes their bundle of preconfigured visual modes, ready for all types of gaming from FPS to RTS, RPGs and more!
- It’s been mentioned that the XG2402 can eventually give way to blurry screens or choppy pixels. Be vigilant to catch any quality issues early on.
A great offering by ViewSonic, the XG2402 is an affordable monitor offering top of the line specs. One of the best budget 144hz monitors on our list.
- The VG245H includes Asus’ standard array of bonus features like GameFast input tech, ASUS eye care, GameVisual, and much more.
- Unique double HDMI connectivity allows you to connect to your gaming rig and another device at the same time.
- Solid 144hz with a 1ms delay paves the way for optimized gaming on a solid 24 inch screen.
- If you’re looking for screen versatility, you might want to look elsewhere. While standard horizontal mode provides great clarity, portrait mode leaves a lot to be desired.
The VG245H provides clear quality and an overabundance of features at an unbelievable price. Perhaps the best gaming monitor under $200.
- The XFA240 by Acer takes gaming to another level. The full HD monitor provides superior FreeSync compatibility that delivers optimum performance.
- Totally ergonomic design means you can shift, twist, and turn the monitor any which way you like without losing quality.
- Comes shipped with superior anti-glare LCD screen for use in any room in the house.
- While the XFA240 by Acer provides superior performance for gaming, durability has been noted as an issue.
Acer doesn’t disappoint with the XFA240’s plethora of features and superior design. One of the best budget gaming monitors around.
- The Samsung IT C27F398 curved monitor sports a sexy slim design that will match your coolest gaming gear and give you a truly immersive experience.
- Features Samsung’s Active Crystal Clear technology for a bright and vivid picture display no matter the scene.
- Built exclusively around AMD’s FreeSync tech, the Samsung C27F398 is one of the best FreeSync monitors you’ll find on the market.
- The Samsung C27F398 monitor does not come equipped with speakers, so you’ll need to provide your own.
A great monitor at an even better price. This monitor comes equipped with everything (save for speakers) you’ll need to game in style.
- The Scepter C275 offers an incredibly beautiful design with very slim panels for a totally immersive gaming experience.
- The 27 inch curved display 1800R curvature with 1080P resolution and a maximized 144hz refresh rate.
- Provides anti-glare and anti-flicker technology for a monitor that will launch you into gaming mode.
- Some users have noted that the monitor can ship with defectivities; be sure to inspect thoroughly and carefully setup the monitor.
With a beautiful display and breathtaking visuals, the Sceptre C275B is the best FreeSync monitor 144hz for graphically intensive titles.
- The LG 28UD68 is a powerhouse! Sporting a brilliant 27-inch 4K display and over 99% screen coverage, this monitor will help you play in style.
- Comes with Split Screen 2.0, LG’s proprietary software allowing you to resize and display multiple windows in a variety of configurations.
- With FreeSync, LG Game Mode, and a variety of other incredible gaming solutions built-in, the LG 27UD68 will take your game to the next level.
- The stand on the 28UD68 is known to be a little wobbly and may require some adjustment.
Perhaps the best AMD FreeSync monitor on our list, LG steps up to the plate with this stylish and powerful monitor.
- This 24” MSI gaming monitor offers a full HD non-glare LED backlight at a brilliant 1080p resolution.
- With 144hz refresh rate and a 1ms response time, this monitor was built to work completely in tandem with AMD’s FreeSync tech.
- Featuring MSI’s True Color Technology, the Optix G24C displays incredible color with over 20% more coverage than comparable monitors.
- It’s been noted that quality control is spotty with the G24C and a variety of small bugs have been mentioned, so be sure to check and double check your purchase!
Overall a great FreeSync monitor that offers everything you need for competitive gaming. Perhaps the best budget gaming monitor 144hz on our list.
- The LG 24UC79G is a giant ultrawide IPS gaming monitor with brilliant displays for the competitive gamer looking for that extra edge.
- Comes with a variety of special gaming features including Crosshair, a competitive feature that helps you lock onto targets with ease.
- 144hz and a specialized 1ms motion blur reduction means you’ll be gaming with the pros.
- One of the more expensive monitors on our list, this monitor’s impressive features comes at a hefty price.
The best 144hz monitor on our list, this offering by LG takes the top spot as a spectacular tool for competitive and tournament platers.
- The lowest cost monitor on our list, the VG245H takes the top spot as the best budget FreeSync monitor around.
- Features a variety of connectivity options for ultimate versatility. HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort and more- no problem.
- Comes with a number of gamer friendly features like hotkey customization, black stabilization, and a ton of ports for all your accessories.
- As a budget monitor, the VG245H’s color profiles can’t contend with other FreeSync monitors on the market.
Hands down the best budget gaming monitor around, this offering by ViewSonic will get you in the game fast.
- An Incredible 38 inch ultra-wide curved HDR monitor by Acer, the XR382CQK takes gaming to a whole new level!
- Absolutely no screen tearing from this juggernaut: you’ll find a 1ms response time and a pixel pitch of below 0.23.
- Totally prepackaged for gaming perfection, the XR382CQK comes standard with 7 watt speaks, a variety of ports, and a luxury immersive display.
- Gaming in style ain’t cheap! As the most expensive product on our list, this monitor will set you back a paycheck or two.
A product that will immerse you in the world of your choice, the XR382CQK is the best FreeSync monitor around.