Last updated: Thursday, February 28, 2019
Sometimes, wearing headphones with tight-fitting earcups for hours on end gets a little old. The ears begin to loudly complain but you don’t really want to switch on the speakers. What’s a gamer to do? The best gaming earbuds are here to the rescue! Powerful sound drivers, ergonomic form factors, and sleek designs combine for truly immersive audio. Plus, their enhanced sound offers a noticeable boost for the maximum advantage in competitive gaming. To that end, gaming earbuds are a great choice for mobile gaming, LAN parties, and listening to your favorite tunes on the go.
This article walks you through the top options on the market and gives you a glimpse at the science and benefits behind the best gaming earbuds. Ready to rock ‘n roll with the pros? Grab a pair of the best gaming earbuds of 2019 and make some waves.
10 Best Gaming Earbuds of 2019
We’ve curated a list of the best earbuds for gaming. Take a look at their top features and see if you can find the perfect pair.
Our pick for the best multipurpose gaming earbuds
The Vogek E-Sports Earbuds are the best multipurpose gaming earbuds on the market thanks to their rich tone, ergonomic design, and wide compatibility. Plus, this pair features a built-in noise cancelling mic for gaming with friends or talking on your smartphone.
- Deep, rich tones are complemented by contouring earpads
- Noise-cancelling mic for gaming with friends
- Very affordable with excellent reviews and an 18-month warranty
Our pick for the best gaming earbuds with mic
Another excellent pair of earbuds, the HyperX Cloud features everything you need for immersive gaming. Designed with looks and comfort in mind, these earbuds scream style with a sleek form factor and stunning sound quality. Plus, the in-line mic is perfect for game chat.
- Unbeatable ergonomics with three sizes of patented silicone ear tips
- Powerful bass and clear tones deliver immersive gaming audio
- Discreet yet feature-rich mic is great for game chat
Razer is known for creating stellar gaming gear, and the Hammerhead Pro is no exception. These earbuds feature ultra-durable components like 10mm dynamic drivers, quick action in-line controls, and multiple ear tip sizes for optimal comfort. These may be the best earbuds for PC gaming on the market.
- Powerful Razer 10mm dynamic drivers
- In-line controls with easy access to buttons and adjustable mic
- 3 ear tip sizes for optimal fit and fantastic sound isolation
Our pick for the best earbuds for gaming and music
The MINDBEAST Earbuds are feature-rich gaming earbuds with quality audio performance and stellar noise isolation. They’re incredibly comfy with silicone earpads, lightweight for travel and ergonomics, and sweat-proof for all your listening needs.
- Powerful audio performance, noise isolation, and ergonomic design
- Universal compatibility allows you to use them with all your consoles
- Includes an attractive leather carrying pouch
Our pick for the best earbuds with mic for gaming
Looking for powerful 12mm dome drivers that knock out the competition? The Sony Earbud Headset is the answer. You can expect rich tones and deep bases alongside best-in-class drivers and neodymium sound magnets. The integrated mic, lightweight design, and hybrid silicone earbuds finish it off for spectacular results.
- 12mm dome drivers provide unbeatable audio quality
- Integrated mic features noise-cancelling tech and smartphone playback controls
- Features several ergonomic and hassle-free design elements
Our pick for the best earbuds gaming-wise
Looking for a pair of the best earbuds for gaming? The Klim Fusions are the way to go. They are ultra affordable, incredibly comfortable, and loaded with powerful drivers for quality audio. Plus, they feature memory foam ear extensions for unrivalled ergonomics.
- Rich audio quality at an affordable price
- Memory foam ear extensions offer unbeatable comfort
- Durable construction with 5-year warranty
Our pick for the best gaming earbuds for PS4
Are you an avid gamer on the PS4? If so, the Enhance Gaming Earbuds are the top pick for you. The attractive design is complemented by genuine vibration feedback, a built-in mic for game chat, and full metal driver housings. Connect to the PS4 or your favorite console and jump into the game!
- Sleek black and blue design with aluminum driver housings
- Quality audio, vibrational feedback, and built-in mic
- Includes a PC channel splitter, carrying case, and 3 year warranty
Our pick for the best gaming earbuds for Xbox
The VAVA MOOVs by TaoTronics are exceptional gaming earbuds with unique features like dual-drivers, waterproof in-line controls, and multi-platform compatibility. They’re great for playing on the Xbox, and you’re in for day-long comfort thanks to the snug gel earpads.
- Dual drivers provide immersive audio with powerful tones
- Secure and cozy design thanks to soft gel earpads
- Waterproof in-line controls and hands-free calling for smartphones
Our pick for the best wireless earbuds for gaming
As the best wireless earbuds for gaming on our list, the Somic Headset offers an attractive design, bluetooth technology, and a cozy fit. They’re great for long gaming sessions, and you’re sure to enjoy the 8 hours of battery life and powerful dual microphones for game chat.
- Wireless bluetooth earbuds with 8 hours of battery life
- Lightweight and ergonomic design with soft earbuds
- In-line microphone and a detachable mic for game chat
Our pick for the best earbuds for gaming overall
The Cooler Master MH710 Gaming Earbuds are second to none. Featuring powerful 10mm neodymium drivers, hi-fi sound, and multi-platform compatibility, they offer everything you need to game with the pros. Plus, the sleek styling and portable form factor are a huge boon!
One feature that’s worth pointing out is the Focus FX 2.0 technology. This allows you to calibrate how much bass or clarity you want. Choose between loud bass or crisp mids and highs. With a simple press of a button, those footsteps of Mr. Sneaky coming up behind you come in loud and clear.
- Best-in-class 10mm neodymium drivers with hi-fi sound
- Customizable comfort thanks to various ergonomic ear tips
- Sleek design with lightweight construction
Gaming Earbuds Guide Part I: What are Gaming Earbuds?
Gaming earbuds, also known as gaming earphones, are tiny in-ear headphones that fit into the outer ear canal for immersive audio. They’re built to provide gamers with a convenient and portable option without the need for bulky headphones. Gaming earbuds are uniquely designed to enhance the gameplay experience, often incorporating features like hi-fi sound, multi-platform compatibility, and ergonomic form factors. But how do they work to give you that extra edge? Fortunately, using a pair of gaming earbuds couldn’t be easier. Simply unpackage the set and plug it into the auxiliary port of your favorite device. Depending on the earbuds you chose, a short download or installation may be required — but then you’re set to go!
How Do Gaming Earbuds Work?
The best gaming earbuds work much like standard earphones, utilizing electrical signals to transmit sound from the audio source to the wearers ear. However, the internal mechanics of gaming earbuds are different, with a focus on an immersive gaming experience. To that end, gaming earbuds feature special sound drivers for enhanced sound and adaptable controls for fine-tuned gaming.
And compared to traditional gaming headphones, gaming earbuds offer a number of unique advantages. Let’s have a closer look.
Gaming Earbuds Guide Part II: Top Benefits of Gaming Earbuds
The best gaming earbuds offer a number of unique benefits to enhance your gameplay and make you more competitive. Let’s check them out:
- Comfortable. Hardcore gamers often play for hours at a time, and standard headphones can be very uncomfortable when used for extended periods. Gaming earbuds fill the void with ergonomic pads that conform to your ear canal for maximum comfort and immersion.
- Game on the Go. Given their small size, gaming earbuds are fantastic options for gaming on the go. Whether you’ve got a portable console, or if you want to make waves at the next LAN party, gaming earbuds are a solid choice.
- Immersive Audio. Audio plays a major role in modern gaming, and premium sound drivers are a must. From breathtaking soundtracks to radar pings and more, the best gaming earbuds offer total immersion for pleasure and competitiveness.
- Multi-platform Support. While most earbuds can be used with standard auxiliary jacks, gaming earbuds take the experience to the next level. With adaptable sound drivers, you’re sure to get the best experience no matter where you choose to play.
- Affordable. Compared to traditional gaming headphones, the best gaming earbuds are an affordable option. While you might spend $100 or more on a nice set of gamer headphones, the best gaming earbuds start at under $20.
There are obviously many reasons to pick up a pair of the best gaming earbuds. But which option is best?
Gaming Earbuds Guide Part III: 5 Considerations for Choosing the Best Gaming Earbuds
With 10 great options to choose from, which is best for enhancing your game? Well, there are a few things to consider when making your choice:
Do you specialize in a specific gaming console? Many of the pairs on our list are designed to work well with gaming on various platforms like Xbox, PS4, or iOS/Android. Try to find one that can match your talent and enhance your game.
Gaming earbuds are designed to be sleek, and there are many cool options to choose from. To that end, look for colors and graphics that match your style, and consider picking durable materials like ABS or metal for performance and looks. As for the insert itself? A memory foam or silicone tip offers maximum comfort.
There are a ton of great brands out there from Cooler Master to Razer and more. Pick an option from an iconic brand for guaranteed performance and beautiful sound, or try a smaller brand for a great deal.
Are you an audiophile? Consider picking a pair that matches your passion. From powerful sound drivers to high frequency and sensitivity, take a close look at the specifications table to find a pair that meets your expectations.
Prices start under $20 and go up to $100 and more. Consider all your needs and find the sweet spot between cost and desire to maximize your budget.
All the options on our list are great for gaming and offer truly immersive audio. Pick the best pair for you and dive into the game!
Gaming Earbuds Guide Part IV: Gaming Earbuds Video
Looking for more information on the best gaming earbuds? Check out the following video by YouTube icon Unbox Therapy. He lists a number of reasons why using a set of gaming earbuds is a smart choice: