With all the exciting things available in Scrooge McDuck’s store, it’s great to have some extra Star Coins on hand. Fortunately, there’s a lot of easy ways that you can make money in Disney Dreamlight Valley. If you’re looking to max out your wallet, here are some tips to help you get the most out of the tasks you’re already doing.
Gardening is hands-down the best way to make money in Disney Dreamlight Valley. If you want gardening to be your biggest revenue stream, we recommend making a big plot for your garden so you can plant as many crops as possible. It’ll take some work to maintain, but it’s the best and easiest way to earn Star Coins. The only downside is that you have to invest in seeds first, but the amount of Star Coins you’ll earn makes the venture worth it.
The secret is planting the right crops, as some are worth more than others.
Best Money-Making Crops in Disney Dreamlight Valley
- Pumpkins: Pumpkins take four hours to grow, and sell for an impressive 664 Star Coins apiece. You can purchase pumpkin seeds at Goofy’s Stall in the Forgotten Lands for an expensive 275 Star Coins.
- Leeks: Leeks take two hours to grow, and sell for 309 Star Coins apiece. Seeds cost 120 Star Coins and can be purchased at Goofy’s Stall in the Forgotten Lands.
- Asparagus: Asparagus takes two hours and fifteen minutes to grow, but each seed produces three asparagus. These sell for 133 gold each. You can find those seeds at Goofy’s Stall in the Frosted Heights.
- Potatoes: Potatoes are the quickest way to make a decent amount of Star Coins. They take thirty-five minutes to grow, and each potato sells for 126 Star Coins. You can find these seeds for 55 Star Coins at Goofy’s Stall in the Forgotten Lands.
- Eggplants: Eggplants take three hours to grow, and sell for 308 Star Coins apiece. You can purchase the seeds for 95 Star Coins at Goofy’s Stall in the Frosted Heights.
- Okra: It takes two hours to grow three okra, which sell for 114 Star Coins apiece. Seeds cost a pretty hefty 135 Star Coins, and you can find them at Goofy’s Stall in the Glade of Trust.
- Onions: Similar to potatoes, onions are a quick growing crop that sell for a high cost. Seeds cost only 50 Star Coins, but in one hour and fifteen minutes, you can produce one onion to sell for 170 Star Coins.
In our Disney Dreamlight Valley friendship guide, we talked about the importance of the gardening companion role. Not only does this role give you the most significant friendship boost, taking your companion gardening with you gives you special harvesting benefits.
Another gardening perk is the opportunity to harvest Bonus Crops. If a crop glows orange while you’re harvesting, you can harvest as many as you want for a brief period. Act quickly when this happens — Bonus Crops are unpredictable.
Fish are another great way to make money in Disney Dreamlight Valley. Of the twenty-five fish found in the game, there’s a handful you can sell for a high price. You can usually tell the rare fish apart by the Gold or Red Ripples (depending on your screen) in the water.
Keep in mind though — difficulty to catch those fish increases with the price to sell them. So fishing may not always be the easiest way to make a lot of money compared to gardening.
Best Money-Making Fish in Disney Dreamlight Valley
- Anglerfish: A rare fish found in the Forgotten Lands; sells for 1,500 Star Coins.
- White Sturgeon: This rare fish can be found in the Frosted Heights and sells for 1,200 Star Coins.
- Walleye: This rare fish can be found in the Sunlit Plateau and sells for 1,100 Star Coins.
- Lobster: This rare crustacean can be found in the Glade of Trust and sells for 950 Star Coins.
- Fugu: This rare fish can be found at the Dazzle Beach when it’s raining, and sells for 900 Star Coins.
- Pike: This rare fish can be found at the Forest of Valor and sells for 800 Star Coins.
Keep in mind, some of these fish can only be caught under specific circumstance. The Fugu can only be fished for when it’s raining or storming, and the Walleye has been reported to be buggy in the Sunny Plateau.
Along with selling raw crops and fish to Goofy, you can also increase your money by cooking. This takes the value added approach and increases profits by selling meals made from your ingredients. Naturally, recipes that require seafood or pumpkin sell the highest, so it’s worth it to not sell all your crops at once.
Best Money-Making Recipes in Disney Dreamlight Valley
- Pumpkin Grilled Veggie Platter: With Pumpkins having the highest selling point of all vegetables, meals that use that ingredient will also sell for more money. By using three pumpkins, you can make a Pumpkin Grilled Veggie Platter that sells for 2,782 Star Coins.
- Pan-Fried Anglerfish: This is the most lucrative seafood meal that you can sell in Disney Dreamlight Valley brings in 2500 Star Coins. All you need is an Anglerfish, Potato, Tomato and Zucchini.
- Smoked Peanuts and Anglerfish: This is a really easy recipe that only requires two ingredients, Peanuts and Anglerfish, but you can sell it for 2200 Star Coins.
- Poached Basil Butter Sturgeon: This recipe sells for 2200 Star Coins and requires Sturgeon, Basil, Butter and Lemon.
- Lobster Roll: This recipe sells for 1900 Star Coins and requires Lobster, Garlic, Butter, Lemon and Wheat.
- Walleye en Papillote: This recipe sells for 1700 Star Coins and requires a Walleye, one type of Any Vegetable, Basil and Oregano.
- Pumpkin Soup: This recipe sells for 1500 Star Coins and requires Pumpkin, one type of Any Vegetable that isn’t Pumpkin, Ginger and Milk.
Join the High Ground
That’s it for our guide on the best ways to make money in Disney Dreamlight Valley — thanks for reading! If you have any other tips you’d like to share, feel free to drop them in the comments. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter for more content like this!